Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 10, 2014: Today, I'm grateful for...

...canned tuna. Seems silly........and today, I was actually a little upset with my husband, because for the second time this week, he neglected to think about me while preparing lunch. A little upsetting, considering it's been the week from hell (teething baby + HOT weather = zero sleep). 

Many people who have been giving me a hard time about how irritable I've been...they just don't get it. And I understand...this is the sort of thing you only get if you go through it. The hormonal fluctuations...the mood changes...a REALLY whiney, cranky baby....the changes in your body, in your mind, in your genetic make up...put that together with the fact that a) you never sleep and b) you heal for up to a year after a c section. I wish people were more sympathetic...and more supportive...but a lot of my friends, they are just not there yet. So I am trying to be more understanding. Unfortunately, post partum depression manifests in different ways for different people...and for me, it's showing it's ugly face in the form of rage. Anger. A lot of anger. It's turned me into a monster at times. So for those of you wondering how hard it is for me to find something to be grateful for every day, it's VERY hard. But I think seeing the good helps put things into perspective. BUT I DIGRESS....

My mother suggested I make tunafish sandwiches....and you know....they hit the SPOT.

Today I was really grateful for that delicious tuna. It was seasoned just right, had tons of little capers, and some delicious crunchy celery. Nice crispy toast...a little mayo...man. It was perfection. So very glad mom suggested it. 


#OHYEAH

No comments:

Post a Comment