Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014: Today, I am grateful for...

Today I am grateful for the amazing neighbors I have. Mom and I had the chance to visit with a new neighbor and it got me really thinking about the idea of community and what it really means, and how that idea has been reborn in the neighborhoods in which I grew up.

These particular neighbors offered James all of their son's old toys...mega blocks...lego...toys...games...puzzles....a HUGE box of all sorts after he was born. And now I pass many things on to my other neighbor who just had a little boy....two huge ikea bags FULL of boy toys and clothes. I am just so grateful that our area is FILLING with kids...that playgrounds are teeming with new adventure...scraped knees...sports....singing...it makes me so happy to know that my son will have many friends as he grows up. We have people we can party with once a year at our block party, we have people we can rely on to keep our homes as safe as possible...people we trust with backup keys...people we share history, and now make history with. 

I end the day with a beautiful meal on my patio with my family, thinking about how lucky I am to be living where I am living. Thankful to be raising my son in the community of my own family......how grateful I am for the help everyone sets forth...and for the love of family everyone here shares. 






No comments:

Post a Comment